Friday, November 03, 2006

Nick And Nora Alert!


As some, who are unfortunately subjected to my ramblings in class about old movies, may recall, I'm a huuuuuge fan of the Thin Man movies.
There's the witty dialogue, especially that of Nick and Nora Charles.

Nora Charles: Pretty girl.
Nick Charles: Yes. She's a very nice type.
Nora Charles: You got types?
Nick Charles: Only you, darling. Lanky brunettes with wicked jaws



You might even get me to admit that they are my model of what a marriage should be (with or with out the liberal doses of alcohol). The chemistry between William Powell and Myrna Loy has no equal.
I could go on about it but I'm hoping some of you who have not already had the experience will take the time to see for yourself. The Thin Man is on TCM this Sunday.
Check your local listings.
As for my students - No, it's not required viewing but if you can spare the time away from your assignments, I will speak kindly of you for ever after. And that's gotta be worth at least two hours of your time ...no?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are no Bogie and Bacall.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

I gotta see those!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Kohyunu said...

Old School!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chemistry 101

Bogie & Bacall

- To Have and Have Not
- Dark Passage
- The Big Sleep
- Key Largo

1:30 PM  
Blogger Adam Rogers said...

I agree.

Chemistry 101: Bogie and Bacall

Advanced Chemistry: Powell and Loy

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real physical chemistry,
not just on screen, but the
kind that transcends the
realm of celluloid.

Like
Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home